Thursday, February 01, 2007

Anti Christian/Catholic/Life Media Bias

Media Bias
February 1st, 2007

I was discussing anti-Christian/Catholic media bias with a friend.

I relaized for the first time - firsthand - media bias, when it comes to Christian/Catholic news reporting. It was years ago at the pro-life rally in the Ocala Town Square, Flroida. It was probably my first year attending this event. The pro-life people had about 300 marchers, they were conservative in their approach, prayerful…

There were also about 12 pro-aborts. They were noisy, trying to disrupt the rally speakers. When all the pro-life people marched around the square at the end, praying and holding signs, the pro-aborts sat on steps near one corner and cursed and spit at people. I saw all this first hand, not ‘word of mouth’.

That night I watched the news, I was still naive in those days and I actually watched news programs but this was an ‘eye opener’ on the veracity of news reporting.

Channel 2 Ocala, the station is right across the street from the square, showed about 12 pro-lifers and 12 pro-aborts. They made it look like equal numbers showed up for both sides and they showed the pro-life people shouting at something one of the speakers said and at the same time showed the pro-aborts talking and standing quietly.

They made it look like there were equal numbers of people on both sides and that the pro-lifers were the rowdy ones!

Not a word on the pro-aborts spitting and cursing people!

That wasn’t the beginning of my disenchantment with the news media but it was a ‘BIG STEP’ so to speak!I figured that if I can’t trust the news media on something I know for sure, then why should I believe anything they say at all? Mt 10:16 “Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves.”

The following is an article from LIFENEWS.COM http://www.lifenews.com/, on the most recent ”March for Life” in Washington D.C.. The Post is anti-Christian/Catholic.

“The story was illustrated by color photos, but in a far too common tactic, the Post balanced a picture of four pro-life demonstrators … against a photo of four or five feminists,” he explained. “One side turns out tens of thousands, and the other turned out tens.”http://www.lifenews.com/nat2896.html

No comments: